Express Entry is a selection system implemented by the Canadian Government to expedite the selection and application process for various Economic Immigration Programs. It is predominantly an electronic process with online submissions which allows for quicker processing times, averaging around 6 months.
The following programs are processed by Express Entry:
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)
Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) under Express Entry
People with foreign work experience planning to immigrate to Canada permanently can apply under the Federal Skilled Worker stream of the Express Entry system. To be eligible under this program applicant must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- At least one year of continuous Skilled work experience in either managerial, professional or technical jobs
- Language ability with a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 in all 4 abilities
- Education, if completed outside Canada should be accompanied by an Educational Credential Assessment for immigration purposes from a designated organization.